Monday, November 3, 2008

A Bit of Halloween

I thought it would be fun to share some photos of the decorations and treats from the little Halloween Party we had at our house on Friday. Above is our mantle, covered with every glass vase I could find and filled with candy corn.

The warm glow. I was wishing for rain but it ended up being a bit warm out - oh well!

The mantle centerpiece was my "spooky" tree...I bought branches from Michael's and spray painted them black. The crows were cut out from black cardstock scrapbook paper using pictures of crows I found on Google Images as templates.

The dessert table. Candy is displayed in glass jars and dishes. Cinnamon popcorn balls are piled high on the right.

These skull cookies are a modification from a Martha Stewart idea. They didn't turn out quite as pretty as the magazine! I used Keebler Grasshopper cookies instead of making my own madelines and coating them in chocolate - seriously, who has time for that! They tasted really good, like a minty smore.

The graveyard. I'd been eying these tin black haunted houses this season, $60 at Pottery Barn (pass!), $30 at Target (still a bit much), $10 on sale at Von's 3 days before Halloween (sold!). The brownie coffins are also a modification of a Martha Stewart idea. I ran out of time to try the rolled out marzipan topping (the fleur de lys frosting decoration was never going to happen) and settled for a simple cross piped on with royal icing.

The pumpkin I carved during the contest at work earlier that day. My team won - yay!

The fruit that didn't make it into those cute chocolate covered pumpkins and ghosts from my post on 10/23.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

So cute! Love all the ideas :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails