Thursday, November 6, 2008

What I'm Missing Right Now...NYC Pizza

I've been craving a real NYC thin crust cheese pizza for about two weeks now. It's probably because some of my co-workers have been there recently. I was just there in June so I didn't think I'd be anxious to go back already, but I am. It's really not fair that they have so much incredible food there. Only in NYC can you arrive at your hotel at 10pm on a Sunday night, ask the concierge if there are any good pizza places still open that deliver, be instantly handed a menu, go up to your room and order a small thin crust cheese pizza, have it delivered for free in 20 minutes, then watch a movie on cable as you dig in and wish your company needed you to travel to New York more often. (And they still continue to move all the trade shows to Vegas, will I ever get to go back on the company's dime?)

Anyways, if you happen to be going to NYC anytime soon, my "hits-the-spot" late night hotel pizza was from the Ray's Pizza on 7th Avenue between 53rd and 54th. For a nicer sit down experience I'd recommend Angelo's, my husband & I ate there 3 times the first time we went to NYC, they use real buffalo mozarella and fresh basil on their pizzas - amazing!

Tonight I tried to curb my craving with two slices to go from Gina's Pizza in Corona Del Mar. I forgot to request thin crust so it didn't really do it for me. But Gina's is my favorite pizza so far down here in South Orange County. Do you have any local pizza recommendations?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

My dad makes excellent pizza :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails