A simple Italian soup that is light yet filling. Add tiny meatballs and you've got Italian Wedding Broth.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1-10 ounce package frozen, chopped spinach
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Crusty bread, for serving
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring chicken broth and water to a boil. Stir in orzo and frozen spinach. Cook for 9 minutes until pasta and spinach is tender.
- Turn heat down to low. Slowly add beaten egg, in a steady stream, stirring constantly.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serve with Parmesan cheese to stir into soup, and warm bread and butter.