This recipe is so easy it feels like cheating at cooking. But that's what makes it perfect for a weeknight meal. Just whip up some Spanish rice and pinto beans for the full experience. Having company? Start with chips, salsa and guacamole and you're all set!
- 1 store bought roast chicken (in the Deli section)
- 1 dozen taco sized flour tortillas
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 jar of red enchilada sauce (I buy mine at Trader Joe's)
- 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can sliced black olives (optional)
- Sour cream, for serving.
- Olive oil
- In a medium sized skillet, saute onions in olive oil until tender. Set aside. Shred chicken into bite sized pieces. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make enchiladas, place a small handful of chicken inside each tortilla. Sprinkle with a spoonful of cooked onions and cheese. Roll up tortilla. Place seam down into a large baking dish. Continue until all ingredients are used.
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly over enchiladas. Top with any remaining cheese and black olives, if desired.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through. Serve warm with sour cream.