How can you go wrong with a description like that?! I keep this dessert in my back pocket when I need to make something quick and impressive. It's perfect for a potluck and the ingredients are easy to keep on hand. This cake is very moist, and tastes great for several days.
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/2 cup canned cherries (optional)
- Mix cake mix, pudding mix, water, 1/2 cup rum, vegetable oil and eggs, in an electric mixer. Grease and flour bundt cake pan. Pour batter into cake pan. Bake at 325° F for 50-60 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, place sugar, butter, 1/4 cup rum into a sauce pan and bring to a boil for 2-4 minutes (until sugar isn’t grainy). Add cherries, if desired.
- Remove cake from pan and place on a cooling rack, pour glaze very slowly pour glaze over the cake.
- Store covered at room temperature for several days.